Model Number: GEN 040 Mk II
The GEN 040 Mk II is designed as a compact power solution for use in Zone II hazardous environments. The unit is an ideal support package for all offshore well service and maintenance operations, capable of directly supplying both 3phase and single phase in either 50hz or 60hz* without additional transformers or junction boxes. The unit is configured (as standard) as a stand-alone “black start” package with a spring starter for use in areas with no other power or compressed air available.
Mounted in an enclosed DNV 2.7-1 certified frame and supplied with slings and forklift pockets, the unit is driven by a hazardous area certified diesel engine rated for a peak power of 63KW to give an electrical rating of 40KVa.
The unit is designed to offer the smallest footprint and lowest transport weight in class with robust reliable design and simple user friendly operation.
Weight: MGM 3.5MT, Transport Weight 1.95MT
Dimensions: 2000x1140x1500 (LxWxH)
- Containerized design with rigid skid and full opening access doors on both sides and rear for access to electrical panel. Louvers are installed to provide required airflow and allow the unit to be operated with the access doors closed.
- DNV 2.7-1 certified skid frame with sealed base with drains and supplied with certified slings and fitted with forklift pockets.
- M12 Earth bosses are installed to the skid adjacent to the outlets and internally.
- 40KVa ATEX Alternator:
- Typical Voltage Set up: 415v 3Phase & 230v single Phase 50Hz or 440v 3Phase 220v single phase 60Hz
- Frequency : 50Hz or 60hz*
- Rating : 40kVA 0.8 PF
- Temperature rise : 80°C R/R, Continuous rated
- 40°C Ambient
- Shunt Excitation Voltage regulator
- Polybutadiene coated windings for use in harsh industrial or environmental applications
- Electrical Panel rated Atex Zone 1 EX d IIB+H2, T5 100C, IP66 complete with:
- Individual phase indicator lamps
- Ammeter with system / Line selector
- Voltmeter with system / Line selector
- Output Frequency Meter
- 80A main three phase power supply breaker
- 63A Three Phase power supply breaker
- 16A Single Phase power supply breaker
- Electrical Connections:
- 3Phase 63AMP Socket (Matching 4P+E Plug supplied loose)
- 1Phase 16AMP socket (Matching 2P+E Plug supplied loose)
- JCB diesel engine certified to Zone II (Class 1 Div 2 BCD T3) and rated at 85HP (Peak). The engine is fitted as standard with a manual spring starter with options on electric or air starters. Automatic emergency shut down systems include:
- Engine Over speed
- High Exhaust Gas Temperature
- High Coolant Water Temperature
- Low Engine Oil Pressure
- Manual activation at engine or unit exterior
- 27.5gal / 8hr stainless steel fuel tank with level gauge.
- The engine is fitted as standard with a manual spring starter. Options are available for electric or air starters.
- An engine mounted water cooled air compressor and light weight 18lt air receiver can be installed as an option
*the switch between frequency output options requires resetting of throttle and voltage adjuster and
is NOT a field operation.